Robust, customized instrument for precise particle characterization.
Explorer Model SS5i: Single Inlet
The Polar Imaging nephelometer is AirPhoton’s most unique and highest-grade instrument that is only manufactured in a yearly build. This robust, precise instrument has the unprecedented ability to measure aerosol light scattering and provide information on particle morphology in real-time. Furthermore, it is able to classify aerosols by type such as dust, biomass burning, and biogenic aerosols.
Polar Imaging Nephelometer includes:
- Size Distribution and Complex Refractive Index
- Full Particle Characterization
- From Hyper-angle Scattering Measurements
- Measures light scattering from 3° to 176 °
- Angular resolution of less than 1°
- Standard configuration is 2 Visible Wavelengths
- Can be customized for 1 – 3 wavelengths
- GRASPTM software analysis package
- Retrieves size distribution, percent
- Sphericity and complex refractive index
This is a high grade custom-made instrument. Typical lead time is ~9 Months.
Learn more about the Polar Imaging Nephelometer through our publications here
Note: Our polar imaging nephelometer is not a “plug and play” instrument. Users are required and will be given training by AirPhoton in order to properly use this device.